This year Raksha Bandhan will be celebrated on Monday, August 3, Raksha Bandhan thread ceremony time beings from 09:28 am and end at 09:17 pm. (Duration – 11 hours 49 mins).
- 1 When Is Raksha Bandhan in 2021?
- 2 People also ask
When Is Raksha Bandhan in 2021?
When Is Raksha Bandhan in 2021? is celebrated in Shravana month during full moon day or Purnima day. The dates vary each year as per the position of the Moon. Check here when Raksha Bandhan will be celebrated in 2021.
Check the date and time of When Is Raksha Bandhan in 2021? / Rakhi 2021 in India. Check the Shubh Muhurat to tie rakhi on Raksha Bandhan.
When Is Raksha Bandhan in 2021? is on Saturday, August 21, celebrating for Hindus a festival that puts the focus on the love and duty between brother and sister.
When Is Raksha Bandhan in 2021? is one of the most ancient festivals celebrated in India, dedicated to the pious bond between a brother and a sister. This festival is celebrated in Shravana month during full moon day or Purnima day. The dates vary each year as per the position of the Moon.
This year When Is Raksha Bandhan in 2021? will be celebrated on Saturday, August 21, 2020. On this day, sisters apply tilak to the brother’s forehead and tie a sacred thread ‘Rakhi’ on their wrist as a mark of affection and pray for his long life. The brothers in return offer gifts and promise to protect her all his life.
When Is Raksha Bandhan in 2021?: Significance
There are many stories related to the origin of this festival. It is believed that once Lord Krishna got injured by a sharp weapon. At that time Draupadi, the wife of Pandavas, tore off a section of her sari and bandaged Madhav’s finger. In return for this favor, Shri Krishna pledged to protect Panchali when she would be in trouble.
Krishna accepted it as ‘Raksha Sutra’ and when the Kauravas attempted to dishonor her by disrobing Panchali in front of her husbands in a court full of courtiers. With Krishna’s blessings, Draupadi’s sari became endless when Dushasana tried disrobing her.
This is how Shri Krishna saved Panchali just like a brother protects a sister from all evils. Thus, the trend to tie a rakhi has been carried forward from history.
When Is Raksha Bandhan in 2021?: Wishes
- I am thankful to God for giving me a brother. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- I always cherish the moments we spent together. Lucky to have a brother who always takes care of me. Happy Raksha bandhan bhai!
- Bhaiya mere rakhi k bandhan ko nibahana! Happy Raksha Bandhan bro!
- We may be apart in distance but never in heart. Sending you lots of love and chocolates on this Raksha Bandhan. Happy Rakhi!
- A very Happy Raksha Bandhan to the most annoying person in this world and strangely the person I love the most. Lots of wishes and chocolates coming your way!